Bienvenidos (welcome!) to the Magic Town of Loreto, a place so special it was given a distinct title by the Mexican government. It is here where you will find century-old buildings covered in vibrant plant life, exotic flowers growing from between the cracks in the concrete near taco stands, and the mesmerizing Mission of Our Lady of Loreto- the oldest mission in the region, which dates as far back as 1697. It is also a destination where you’ll encounter hordes of sea life, the stunning Islands of Loreto, and unique experiences on both land and sea. Ideal for those seeking relaxation, adventure, and everything in between, Loreto Baja California will steal your heart and leave you speechless.
Where is Loreto Baja California located?
Loreto Mexico is situated on the eastern side of the Baja California Peninsula on Mexico’s western coast. It is a small town and one of the oldest settlements in the region. Due to its location, which hugs the Sea of Cortez and the Loreto Bay National Marine Park, its rich history, and its laid-back vibe, visitors will find a plethora of exciting things to do and opportunities for relaxation on both land and sea. When you look at the Loreto Mexico map, you’ll see a picturesque terrain that includes the rolling hills of the Sierra de la Giganta mountains, the desert that blankets the coast, and the stunning Islands of Loreto that pepper the sea.
Loreto Baja California Top Attractions
- The Mission of Our Lady of Loreto: The oldest Jesuit mission in Baja California sits just a short walk from Hotel Santa Fe Loreto. It is considered the head of all the missions on the Baja California Peninsula.
- The Mission of San Javier: The second Jesuit mission to be established in the region, dating back to 1699.
- TPC Danzante Bay: Mexico’s only TPC golf course is located just 30 minutes from the town of Loreto Baja California. It is truly a sight to see and a course you’ll want to play over and over again.
- The Islands of Loreto: The diverse Islands of Loreto provide incredible adventures for travelers of all ages. Book a tour and discover what each has to offer.
- Loreto Bay National Marine Park: Once coined the “Aquarium of the World,” Loreto Bay Mexico is a treasure chest filled with exciting adventures and mesmerizing sights.
- The Malecon in downtown Loreto: Just 15 minutes from Hotel Santa Fe Loreto is the Malecon where visitors will find a great place to walk, a stretch of beach with stunning views, and various shops for perusing.
Loreto Mexico Weather
The beauty of this Magic Town wouldn’t be quite as impressive if it weren’t for the magnificent Loreto Mexico weather that blankets the destination each day. In the summer months, visitors can expect to find higher temperatures, with lows in the 80s and highs nearing 100°F. In the winter, temperatures near the Islands of Loreto cool off, staying between the mid 60s and 85°F. Throughout the majority of the year, blue skies and sunshine prevail with only a small amount of rain showering Loreto Baja California Sur during the late summer months.
Loreto Baja California Sur Time Zone
Loreto Baja California Sur is located in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (GMT -7), the same as the city of Edmonton in Canada’s Alberta Province and the Denver, Colorado in the United States.
Things to Do in Loreto, Mexico
From Baja California beaches to mountain hikes, there are an incredible amount of things to do in Loreto Mexico. The truth is that Loreto is the perfect destination for those drawn to the water, for those who like to explore the mountain and desert terrain, and for those who simply like to relax. It is a place where you can go as extreme as you’d like and where you can find the inner peace that eludes us in so many other parts of the world. If you are looking for what to do in Loreto Mexico, it may seem like the world is at your fingertips, and that is because in so many ways, it is!
For those who like to golf, the Magic Town of Loreto Mexico is the perfect destination. Just 30 minutes from Hotel Santa Fe Loreto…Read More
If you are looking for what to do in Loreto Mexico, look no further than the “Aquarium of the World,” a region of the Sea of Cortez…Read More
While Hotel Santa Fe Loreto isn’t located on the water, the destination is filled with numerous opportunities to take advantage of the…Read More
By far one of the best things to do in Loreto Mexico is whale watching. It is an activity that provides unique experiences you won’t…Read More
When not on the water or the numerous Baja California beaches, ATV rentals are a great way to spend the day. When you visit Loreto…Read More
For more information visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)