If you find yourself asking, “What is there to do in Loreto Mexico?,” this is your one-stop guide to all the fun and excitement 2020 has in store for those who visit the shores of one of Mexico’s most beloved destinations. The small city is by far one of the most surreal locations on the country’s coast, housing a unique list of things to do in Loreto Mexico for every type of traveler. Whether you spend your vacation on the water, exploring the rugged mountain landscape, or perusing the quaint town that holds so much of Mexico’s history, you’ll love every minute of your Loreto vacation.
Book your trip around this Loreto Mexico events calendar 2020.
- Loreto Art Walk. Downtown Loreto. February 22th, 2020. Art exhibition by local artists and guests, free activities for kids, performance by Circus Urban Show and Live music by Captain Dave.
- Blue Whale Festival. Celebrate the arrival of Loreto’s biggest visitors with an event dedicated to their honor. If you find yourself asking “what is there to do in Loreto Mexico,” this event allows you to enjoy family activities, music, educational workshops and more. View event information.
- La Mision Classic Yellow Tail Tournament. From April 16-18, 2020, you can participate in a fishing tournament in Loreto Mexico that highlights some of the very best fishing in the region. View event information.
- Harley Rally. Join bikers from all over during this year’s Harley Rally, one of the best things to do in Loreto Mexico.
- Start of dorado fishing season.
- Chocolata Clam Festival. This gastronomic event is one of the best options for those looking for what to do in Loreto Mexico because it allows visitors to try a variety of preparations of Loreto’s star dish, chocolate clams, on the first Saturday of June.
- Fishin’ for the Mission. This yearly fishing tournament is one of the top choices for those looking for what to do in Loreto Mexico. It gives you the opportunity to fish the Aquarium of the World while giving back to the community.
- Fishing Tournament. Hosted by Vagabundos del Mar, this Dorado tournament is a great way to experience fishing in Loreto while having a great time with your family.
- Fishing Tournament Tripui.
- Parades. July 16. When looking for what to do in Loreto Mexico, the second week of July brings about special parades, like the one in honor of the Virgen del Carmen. People from all over the region come to celebrate her at the Mission of Loreto, praying for the safety of all those who partake in aquatic activities throughout the region and an abundance of fish for consumption.
- Our Lady of Loreto Festivities. In downtown Loreto, the people celebrate Our Lady of Loreto with a series of religious, cultural, and civic events.
- Independence Day Celebrations. There is never a shortage of what to do in Loreto Mexico during the country’s Independence. If you are visiting town from the 15th to the 16th of September, be prepared for fireworks, music, dancing, and tons of fun.
- Loreto 400 Off-Road Race. One of the most unique things to do in Loreto Mexico, this off-road race will have you and your friends completely enthralled.
- OktoberFest Loreto. Join in the fun and activities during this iconic Loreto event.
- Festivities to Celebrate the Founding of Loreto. October 20-25. Party it up in Loreto with those wishing to celebrate with sporting events, cultural activities, dancing, music, and more all in the historic center of town.
- Gastronomic festival night of the conquest, museum of missions CANIRAC.
- Art Walk season starts.
- Race "Baja 1000" Score international.
- Loreto Half Marathon. Sunday, November 8th, 2020. Since its beginning, this half-marathon has attracted more and more runners due to the amazing views seen along its route. View event information.
- Traditional Festivals of San Francisco Javier. One of the best Loreto Mexico activities and one of the oldest traditions on the Baja Peninsula, this three-day festival is one you won’t want to miss. Enjoy cultural activities, dances, culinary festivities, and one of the most important religious celebrations from December 1 to 3.
For more information on Loreto events, visit www.vamosaloreto.com/event-calendar/